Friday, April 13, 2007

The Short Story

Guess which online magazine called Demolition Magazine just accepted another of my short stories. Wait. I let it slip, didn't I? Well, Mr. Quertermous took another of my Viktor Petrenko stories. In this story, Viktor both hurts people and is hurt by them in turn. Can't say much more than that except that I'm told the story will debut in July. Fine by me since I have a novel coming out that month and a short story coming out in early August in Bronx Noir.

Speaking of Bronx Noir, I just today got the page proofs for my story. It'll start on page 151 which is a good position because it comes right before SJ Rozan's story. The way I figure it, anyone flipping through the book looking for her story will have to get past my title first...They'll be suckered with the first few lines of my story, be unable to stop reading, and...Well, really, I have nothing else to add to the fantasy.

Last week I was dealing with the page proofs for The Concrete Maze. Not so big a chore. The copy was pretty clean. For feeling like a writer, the last week or two have been pretty good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to bring the world another Viktor story. He rocks.

April 13, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Writing on Board said...

Hola, Steven. I just found you.

April 15, 2007 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home