Monday, August 06, 2007

Don't Know How Long It Will Last...

But my publisher has my latest book posted on their website right next to a title by Cornell Woolrich. Funny thing that. Is it good to be placed next to a giant in the field or is that going to be bad for me? Well, given my normal sales, won't make a bit of difference one way or the other, I suspect.

Did a booktalk at a library in the Bronx on Saturday. Sold one book. Fielded questions for a full hour though. Had a thousand word article published in the Sunday New York Times yesterday. Some people mentioned that this, if nothing else, should help sales. No evidence of that just yet. The Amazon numbers, of course, tumbled about 100k after the article appeared. A little hard to explain.

I worry since I don't have contracts for new material. A book should come out from St. Martin's next summer, a Precinct Puerto Rico one, but they bought that from me about three years ago. Ah well, fun while it lasted and all that...

1 Comments:

Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

I think this is a really bad month for bookselling. So many people are away. Things will pick in September, I'm sure. Your article was terrific.

August 06, 2007 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home