Wednesday, October 24, 2007

There's Still Time...

Did you want a copy of THE CONCRETE MAZE? I still have a few though I have to admit the stockpile is beginning to dwindle. Let me know.

Here's my new sig line:

"powered by tremendous empathy and insight."

-Jennifer Jordan, CrimeSpree Magazine


"tightly plotted… gripping, intelligent and dark."

-Russel McLean, Crime Scene Scotland


"A vivid, gripping piece of slow-burn suspense… harrowing and heartbreaking."

-Megan Abbott, Edgar nominated author of Die a Little


"…being invited into places we've never been, having doors propped open into other minds, other ways of life. That is what good writing does -- and what Steven Torres does, wonderfully."

-James Sallis, Edgar nominated author of Drive


"A fresh twist on the classic quest tale set in the concrete canyons of New York City. Gritty, believable and surprising."

-Wallace Stroby, author of The Barbed-Wire Kiss


"The Concrete Maze is a harrowing, gut-wrenching journey of the soul and of the city streets… a tough, fast-paced tale of loss and retribution."

-Reed Farrel Coleman, author of Anthony and Shamus award winner The James Deans


"The Concrete Maze is a solid novel that shows that Torres can write excellent hard-boiled mysteries. I look forward to his next novel."

-K. Robert Einarson, Spinetingler Magazine


"Brilliant, beautiful, and ultimately devastating."

-Sara Gran, author of Dope and Come Closer


"It's tough, fast-paced, gripping, and hard-boiled to the bone..."

-Jason Starr, author of Lights Out


"The Concrete Maze has all the clockwork of a tightly-wound thriller, but Steven Torres knows where to find the beating heart inside the machinery."

-Sean Doolittle, author of The Cleanup


"Steven Torres writes honest fiction about real people, real pain, real fear, real life. The Concrete Maze is a sweet, soulful, heartache of a book. I loved it."

-Anne Frasier, author of Pale Immortal


"Beautifully written, a true elegy of noir despair… There is a strand of agonizing compassion all throughout this elegant sparse novel. This is a dark, wondrous jewel of a book."

-Ken Bruen, Shamus award winning author of The Guards and American Skin


"…a tough, brutal and disturbing story. This is fiction that hurts."

-Manuel Ramos, Edgar nominated author of Moony's Road to Hell


"The Concrete Maze is a remarkable book. Torres brings his characters to life with passion and conviction and makes you care deeply about their fate."

-Richard Aleas, Edgar winning author of ittle Girl Lost


"Tremendous novel. As tough as it is heartbreaking. Beautifully written -- controlled, poised and confident throughout. You have a new fan."

-Al Guthrie, Edgar nominated author of Hard Man

3 Comments:

Blogger Graham Powell said...

My copy is still on its way, but if I had to, this would be my blurb:

"Not too long. Written in English. Lightweight, easily portable. Would do for a pillow in a pinch."

October 24, 2007 4:02 PM  
Blogger Clare2e said...

I was actually intimidated by this full-on love fest of blurbage from so many authors I enjoy. I'm not looking to have to cut off my own typing hands in jealous despair. But what's life without risk? Please may I dare a copy of TCM?

I'm afraid I don't live far enough away to help scatter your push pins much, but how shall I get you my info and seal my doom?

October 27, 2007 11:05 PM  
Blogger Graham Powell said...

clare2e gives me an idea for a blurb that will surely move some copies: "If you don't like this book, there's just something wrong with you."

October 30, 2007 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home