Thursday, March 06, 2008

What I'm writing...

I'm currently 17k into a new novel. It is a bit of a thriller, but it also more of a serial killer type book mixed in with a Jason Starr-ish* "Poor Bastard stuck in a maze of blades" type thing. I figure it will run to about 90k though I'm not sure what happens for the next 50k or so. Some killing, I supoose. It's going good, and there are some laughs. It is set in New York City and in early 2008.

Basically, there is a woman who kills people - not everyone she meets. That would be overkill (heh), but more than one. She has a very good motive, however, and it doesn't have to do with the run of the mill "My father burned me with cigarettes" motive**. Anyway, if I ever get to sell another novel, you might get a chance to read it.

I'm also trying to scan one of my earlier novels because it will be coming out as book five in the PPR series next year, but I don't have an electronic file of it. Slow going, feeding the paper copy in one sheet at a time. Ah well. That'll teach me to fall behind in the times gadget-wise. It's the first book I ever wrote and I rank it as the best of the PPR novels though not as good as The Concrete Maze...which is still available at bookstores and online...


* Used by permission
** Not to make light of that phenomenom in real life, only as an overusd motive in serial killer novels.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Raffel said...

Good luck with new book! Your fans are waiting.

March 11, 2008 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home