Friday, November 21, 2008

The Good Son by Russel McLean, part one

Tomorrow I'll tell you about the book itself. Today, I let you know that it arrived on Tuesday all the way from Aber-bloody-deen (or the UK at any rate) in pristine condition and with a pretty slick cover*. I paid as much in postage as the book cost itself, but I consider it worth it even though I have an electronic copy Russel was kind enough to send me a while back.

More importantly (since this is my blog...) Russel mentioned me in the acknowledgements at the back of the book. Not sure what I did or said that deserved the shout out** but it's much appreciated.

I sent an email to Craig Ferguson daring him to have Russel over on the show since it is the first Scottish PI novel in the history of the world. Of course, if Ferguson actually invites Russel over to the show, I'll tip over in a dead faint. Still, Ferguson is Scottish as is Mr. McLean and the Scottish are an unpredictable lot - Skittish Scots, we used to call them when I was growing up***.



* Slick meaning the photo is a nice one, very dramatic, eye-catching, not that something was spilled on it or anything.
** As the young people say.
*** Made that part up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Russel said...

Steve

I think reasons like this are why I mention you in the acknowledgements. Acts of spontaneous kindness made the criteria for that section of the acknowledgements.

Wait a minute... I suddenly have email... all the way from the US... From a Craig Fer -

Nah, just kidding... if such a thing happened, I'd be joining you in that dead faint...

November 21, 2008 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home