Monday, March 16, 2009

Wait...

I just noticed the following title by the enormously successful Janet Evanovich - FINGER LICKIN' FIFTEEN. I'm going to take the plunge and say this is probably the fifteenth entry in the Stephanie Plum series. Haven't read the series. I'm sure it's lovely. No knock on Ms. Evanovich either. I don't know her. Never met her and in all my Bouchercon forays - more on that later - I don't think we've ever been in the same room at the same time.

But...have I missed something? Do people say "finger lickin' fifteen"? Has there been a KFC promo I'm not aware of? (I do try to stay informed.) Fine if it's a cliche or pun that I'm just not picking up. Anyway, I'm sure it's a good book. Titles for my own books have never yet been left up to me. Every single title has been imposed by outside forces. Maybe that happened here.

In any event, if you've read this far, sould you recommend a Lawrence Block title? I've never read him either. Something recent please.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Raffel said...

Steven, Not so recent but When the Sacred Ginmill Closes. One of the best ever.

March 20, 2009 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home