Thursday, April 19, 2012

Etan Patz

Saw an article in the online version of the New York Times about law enforcement searching a basement in SOHO. Not that they expect to find anything. It's been 33 years. But that's a shocker. The fact that so much time has passed - a third of a century. I was nine when his disappearance in broad daylight on his way to the bus stop by himself for the very first time made headlines. I'm a parrent now - a three year old I love with every fiber of my being - and I cannot imagine the pain those parents went through. The pain they still go through.

I didn't know there was a prime suspect in the case. I remember how for years after he went missing he was "spotted" in different places. Israel, I heard once.

Finding remains might bring closure. Would I want closure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home