Saturday, January 07, 2006

Michele Martinez

I just came back from a reading at the Book Vault in Wallingford CT. Michele Martinez spoke about and read from her new book "The Finishing School." Of course, I picked up a copy and had it signed. During the talk, I noticed how polished Michele is as a speaker and thought to myself "she must have had a coach or learned this public speaking thing somewhere." I was reminded that she was a trial lawyer for some years. Maybe that's where the poise came from.

BTW, met her family. Lovely.

In any event, having only read a few pages, I think the story is going to be one hell of a ride. It's about fourth on my list of books to read, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll report when I have something to say, but I'm slow as hell as a reader so please do go about your business in the mean time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home