Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bronx Noir and other projects

Finished my story for the upcoming Bronx Noir anthology a couple of weeks ago. In it, bad things happen to good people. Not surprising, I guess. Anyway it's based on the true lief of one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. She has family, so I won't say her name, but she was a church member where I worshipped in the Bronx. Apparently, long before I knew her, she had been a drug addict and had prostituted herself and one day, in a heroin haze, she woke up to find a strange man in her bed. She grabbed her switchblade and stabbed him in the chest, killing him. It was her husband, and she did some years in prison for that.

I'm also writing a sci-fi mystery in hopes of sending it to Oceans of the Mind in time for a deadline there. That's a deadline I think I'll meet.

Then there is another sci-fi story I started a few months ago, and a couple of crime stories. I'm going to try to crack into both Ellery Queen and Fantasy and Science Fiction Magainze at the same time.

Oh, then I had this story I want to send out to Spinetingler . It's a horror story. I think it's good, but then I don't read horror, and I'm easily scared.

Once all of this is done, I have a much bigger project to discuss in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home