Saturday, December 16, 2006

Bookshopping

Not that I need more books, but I can't pass up a bargain. I went to my local library's weekly booksale and bought Robert Ferrigno's Prayers for the Assassin. Perfect condition. I've started reading it and it is (so far) really hard to put down. I also picked up James Crumley's The Last Good Kiss. I figure the good people at CrimeSpree have never before steered me wrong, so... This book was also in perfect condition.

I also got five mystery short story anthologies. One of them includes a story by either Ross Thomas or Ross MacDonald. I can't ever keep them straight, but one of them is supposed to be one of the great writers in the field, so I'm hoping I got the right one.

In any event, I have several books that I hope to finish reading before the year ends. These include one from Megan Abbott and three from Jonathan Santlofer. All of this reading is for interviews I'm working on.

January is for reading as well as writing - two writers whose books I have and who I'm hoping to dive into ASAP? IJ Parker and Will Thomas. These are strictly pleasure reads - presents I give myself when the grading is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home