Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Demolition and Viktor Petrenko

Bryon Quertermous, editor of Demolition Magazine winner of a Gumshoe Award (which I would link to, but I'm lazy) has accepted another of my Viktor Petrenko stories. Viktor will be hurting people on a computer screen near you in July. This time he's on Riker's Island, so it's really a kind of cage match affair.

In truth, like all the Viktor Petrenko stories, Viktor Petrenko, We Will Bring You to Your Knees is a love story. For those who have not made the connection yet, Viktor loves Elena who we meet in the very first VP story Viktor Petrenko, Have You No Mercy? (I could link to that as well, but...).

Elena had her own story published in CrimeSpree last year (and nominated for a Derringer no less). In it, her city is under siege, her family has been decimated, and she decides she's had enough. She leaves the city.

I wrote a sequel to that story, but it's only 1,400 words long and I don't know where to place it. In it, Viktor finds Elena a few hours after she has left the city. Hilarity ensues...


Anyway, Bryon says he'd like to see a VP novel. I assure him, one is planned. Two are planned actually. Just wait until he joins with Stoop the Thief...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mystery Dawg said...

Dah, good for reader to know. Viktor goood hero for us.


Ok, now that I got that off my chest, looking forward to more of Petrenko.

May 01, 2007 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home