Saturday, September 22, 2007

Two Contests...

I've had a hell of a time with contests this year. I ran one on my website where I got zero response then figured out I wasn't getting any emails from my website email. I think the trouble is fixed, but the contest is long over. I'll run it again, but for now I've got two books up for grabs, responding to this blog post is all you need to do to be considered. As jeff Probst likes to ask on Survivor..."Wanna know what yer playing for?"

I have a copy of Bronx Noir to give away here. This is a collection of short stories put out by Akashic Books. Yes, it has a story by me (in fact, the story is a prequal to my novel THE CONCRETE MAZE which you really should read if you like noir...) but it also has stories by a bunch of writers who are not me but every bit as good. SJ Rozan, Ed Dee, and Lawrence Block spring to mind.


But what if you're tired of crime stories? What if you're in the mood for Sci-Fi action? Well, I can help there too. I was given an ARC for a book called A WAR OF GIFTS by Orson Scott Card. It is an Ender story and quite slim (120 pages or so). Well, I didn't really like the first Ender story so I won't be reading this one. Maybe you can get it from me. Here's how to play...

If you want the BRONX NOIR book, comment on this blog saying something to that effect.

If you want the Ender story, then respond with a note to that effect.

Don't enter into both contests. Make a choice. Sunday afternoon, I'll pick names out of a hat...assuming there are multiple names to pick from. Good luck and be well.

5 Comments:

Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

I would love Bronx Noir but since you already gave me one book, I feel bad asking. I can trade it with your for a copy of Queenpin though if no one steps forward. I'd be happy to send it on. maybe I'll have one of my own books someday if I can find an agent, a publisher and don't die first.

September 22, 2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I'd be happy to take Bronx Noir off your hands.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

September 22, 2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger Terrie Farley Moran said...

Hi Steven,

I was born and raised in the Bronx and my first short story, Strike Zone," takes place in the Bronx and is soon to be released in an anthology. Please put me in the pool for Bronx Noir!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Terrie

September 22, 2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger Flip Dixon said...

I want a copy of THE CONCRETE MAZE, dammit. No substitutes.

September 22, 2007 7:06 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

Since you've already given me the other two (thanks so much once again!), I'll put my hand up for WAR OF GIFTS. Getting an Orson Scott Card ARC is fantasy of my younger self.

September 22, 2007 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home