Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Writing Again...

I remember a French and Saunders skit, one of their funniest, I think, where Saunders won't stop singing "Happy Again! Happy Again! Happy Again!" and French accuses her of sounding like "Bloody Enya!" Anyway, tomorrow I'll be writing again.

Tomorrow I'll write something. Haven't written anything since about August. I mean not a single word written in anger since that time. I tried rewriting a book I finished in July, but frankly I should have started a different book altogether. Plenty of ideas. No time for starting a new project - not with a rewrite needed. And nothing is less attractive to me than rewriting. Therefore, complete and utter paralysis. Not writer's block, mind you. Not if writer's block is equal not having ideas. I'm pretty much blessed with being able to turn this story telling stuff on and off like a faucet. Just haven't had the time to actually get into any new projects and no desire to face the old one.


Tomorrow, however, everything changes. I'm done with the semester, done with grading, done with paperwork, done with the holidays and the travelling that calls for. Tomorrow, if I want to, I can sit for six hours and let 'er rip. Of course, the first two or three hours will be dedicated to the rewrite. I'll need to do that for a few days to get that project off my hands. But then, I will start a project. Maybe finish a horror story I stopped right in the middle of. Maybe a Viktor Petrenko story. Maybe a NYC based police procedural. Maybe a historical. Not sure what, but it'll be something...

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Can't wait to read some more.

Short story, a new novel, whatever.

Now I'm addicted to your stuff, so get to it. Like a pusher, you have a responsibility to your junkies.

Why wait until tomorrow?

Patricia
patriciajhale@aol.com

January 03, 2008 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home