Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sex in the City, A Review

No. I didn't watch this one either. How could I? It's TWO AND A HALF hours long! That's damn well near epic length. Never managed to watch the TV show. I don't have cable and if I did, I certainly wouldn't be watching the adventures of four middle aged women in the city. That's not sexism. I wouldn't watch the adventures of four middle aged men in the city either. Unless they're cops. It's also not ageism. It's not like I'd be likely to watch four elderly ladies.

So, you're waiting for the review. I can only tell you about what I saw in the commercials. It takes a long while, but precisely NOTHING happens. What I've been able to gather is that it all takes place in New York City and there's some sex. Also, the women all wear clothes and shoes bought from fashionable stores and branded with fashionable names. I assume there is something in the lives of these ladies to give them a sense of meaning and perhaps even a higher purpose in their lives...it'd be hard to reach 2 1/2 hours without something like that.

However, since I'm not ready just yet to be a full-fledged crumudgeon, let me add a positive note: Those who loved the TV show are sure to enjoy the movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You'd think that but no. It was a let down for me.

But the clothes were AWESOME!

:)

May 30, 2008 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home