Wednesday, April 23, 2008

me,meing...

Steve Hockensmith meme'd me. In this case, I need to find the closet book and give you lines 6, 7, and 8 of page 123. Sadly, I sit pretty much equidistant from many, many books. I'll skip the dictionary and Art in Theory: 1900-2000 and give you some lines from Paradise Lost by John Milton:

"Thrones, Dominations, Princedoms, Virtues, Powers,
Hear My decree, which unrevoked shall stand!
This day I have begot whom I declare"

And from another book, The Hudson Book of Poetry:

"These events repeated themselves for three days.
However on the third day the prince
covered the palace steps with cobbler's wax"

("Cinderella" by Anne Sexton)

And from The Fields of Praise by Marilyn Nelson:

"a jar of dried grasses,
a painted cross on an easel,
a sad-eyed ikon"

and from The Classical Greeks by Michael Grant:

"queen's dead son Hector, is torn from the arms of his mother Andromache and slain, and Menelaus, king of Sparta, comes to take back Helen, whose elopement with Paris had caused the war. The city of"

This could go on for quite a while. Do I have to tag others? Is that it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home