Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Win The Good Son by Russel McLean

Do yourself a favor in this New Year. Add a comment to this post saying you'd like a free (though slightly used) copy of Russel McLean's Scottish PI novel, THE GOOD SON. If you don't know who Russel McLean is, I could say you must have been hiding under some kind of rock these past few years* as everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE knows Russel. Check out his blog.

He writes mean short stories for AHMM, and he's now turned his attention to the novel where, I have to say, he excels. The story concerns a man who wants to know why it is his brother committed suicide. He hires J. "Speed" McNee. Of course, there are complications - wouldn't be a PI novel if everyone told the truth the first time they were confronted, but what I like best is that McNee has a past that troubles him but really, the terrible, terrible thing that haunts him wasn't his fault. Seriously.

Anyway, see for yourself. As in previous iterations of book contests here, I'll choose a name randomly. Probably sometime tomorrow, but certainly before 2009 runs out. I'll happily ship anywhere. Even Australia. Everyone**, including minors, is eligible.

Oh, and I'll toss in a copy of my last*** book, THE CONCRETE MAZE if you don't have one. Just ask in the comment. Russel called it a "Stonker," so you'll have to judge whether that makes you want one.


* But that would be pointlessly cruel.
** Excluding Russel McLean or any of his minions.
*** I mean it in the sense of "latest" but at this point in my career, it could go either way. Seriously.

5 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Steven,

I'd love a copy of THE GOOD SON. Russel's short stories have been excellent.

I already have a copy of the CONCRETE MAZE, another excellent read.

December 31, 2008 4:16 PM  
Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

I'll defer to Patrick. And I agree re: THE CONCRETE MAZE.

December 31, 2008 4:50 PM  
Blogger Mystery Dawg said...

I hereby throw my hat into the ring:

I would love a slightly used copy of THE GOOD SON.

Thirds all around regarding THE CONCRETE MAZE.

Aldo

December 31, 2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger Russel said...

I have minions?

I've always wanted minions.

Mr Torres, you are indeed a very kind man. And I tell ya, "stonker" is a very good thing indeed.

January 02, 2009 5:21 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Russel,
I know of at least one person always willing to make a sammich for you...

January 02, 2009 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home