Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Writerly news...

Well, if the first four Precinct Puerto Rico weren't enough for the world (and frankly, were I to judge from sales I'd have said the first one was more than enough) then there is going to be a fifth to satiate a demanding public. I've been given a pub date from St. Martins Press, and we're looking at April of 2010. This is great news for me since, of course, having a book published a very nice thing. Also, it means I'll get more money from SMP as they pay out the other half of my advance. Baby needs a new pair of shoes and by next April, she'll be able to get them...

The book will be called...Get ready... BLACKOUT IN PRECINCT PUERTO RICO. Readers of this blog and of my books, or even just people who've run into me casually will know that I don't name my books. SMP does that. I was surprised by this particular title for two reasons - 1. given that we have to have the phrase "precinct puerto rico" in the title (their idea, not mine) this title isn't really all that bad, but 2. there isn't actually a blackout mentioned in the book. Of course it has been a while since I wrote the thing so I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Anyway, for that part of the world that has been waiting for another Precinct Puerto Rico book, it's coming.

Tune in tomorrow and, if I remember, I will tell you something about the storyline and whether or not I think this is the greatest of the Precinct Puerto Rico books yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

My part of the world is happy with this news.

Blackout or no blackout.

May 27, 2009 6:58 PM  
Blogger Russel said...

But if there was a blackout, how could I read the words on the page?

Seriously, my friend, looking forward to this one.

May 27, 2009 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home