Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Facebook?

I've tried figuring out ways to promote the fact that I've got stories available through Amazon's Kindle. I'll have more stories up soon. But how do I let people know? My blog doesn't get much activity. I read a series of emails today at a list-serv that suggested you had to use Myspace and Facebook. Most likely Twitter. I don't know if I can do this. After all, I suspect you need a little enthusiasm for these social networks, no? Certain amount of upkeep to stay current, no?

And what would I do once I was on Facebook? From what I understand, I would ask people to be my friend and then become friends with others and when they had birthdays, I'd send them messages. Where does the announcement of new titles come in? How is this marketing? I guess I'm afraid to say that I don't get how this would work. Enlightenment, please.

1 Comments:

Blogger Graham Powell said...

I think you can set up an author page that's separate from your personal page. Your personal page gets "friends" but your author page gets "fans", and I don't think you have to approve them.

Also, I think it's more one-way. I don't think you see your fans' updates.

I dunno. I rarely log in to Facebook anymore, and almost never post. I need an anti-social network.

February 15, 2011 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home