Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bouchercon!! Bouchercon!! Aaaaaaah!!

Headed out to Chicago for Bouchercon, a mystery conference that is quite large. I'm on a panel with four others and the topic is "Write what you know." That would be precious little, so I've decided instead to make stuff up for my stories. I'm hoping to hit the Art Institute while in town. Looking forward to the Crimespree and St. Martins parties. There may be other parties I don't know about... yet.

I haven't got a book out, so it feels a little strange going to the conference this year, but I like Chicago and going can't hurt my career. Unless I do something really stupid. In any event, I will have a couple of short stories available -- one in Crimepree and on in AHMM. That should be pretty cool. I don't think I sent in a photo, so I'll probably be very ably represented by a cartoon skeleton or a raven or something in the yearbook.

Should be some fun, but I'll report back if anything happens business wise or if I get an idea for a story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home