Monday, December 25, 2006

Best of the Year

I don't read nearly fast enough to have a whole top ten of favorite mysteries I've read throughout the year. In order for a list like that to be valuable to me, I'd have be able to say I read forty or fifty books and left out a bunch of good stuff. If I've only read eleven or twelve books, then...

Here then are a list three really good books that I was privileged to read this past year:

Dope by Sara Gran
The Guards by Ken Bruen
and
The Blood Knot by John Galligan

If I were more organized and a real go getter, I would have cajojled the reviewers at Nasty, Brutish, Short into giving out an award for the best mystery short story reviewed that year. I'd have called it The Shortie, andmy nomination would have gone to G. Miki Hayden's story "Murder at Marcus Garvey Park". A beautifully told story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

Blogging on Xmas day, now that's dedication.

I read DOPE recently as well, but I think that COME CLOSER is even better.

As you probably already know.

December 26, 2006 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home