Friday, December 29, 2006

More astute reviewers...

Thought I'd post about a couple of new reviews I've noticed on the web for my fourth novel Missing in Precinct Puerto Rico. First up is Sandra Ruttan at Spinetingler. I met Sandra in Madison Wisconsin and managed to confuse her about when my book was coming out. My bad. I spent a lot of time talking about a book that is coming out next Summer. In any event, she uses the word "sizzles" and I think that makes the review a keeper. Never had that word applied to anything about me, but it's nice to know my books will go places I personally can't. It's like watching a child grow up and surpass you.


Also singing the praises of the latest Luis Gonzalo are the good people at Mystery Scene Magazine. Here the reviewer had the following to say: "Finely written and well paced, Missing in Precinct Puerto Rico holds one's interest to the end." This though as Verna Suit explaned to me herself (also at Madison) the book isn't for everyone. I'm thankful that she was able to see that though the subject matter may make it the wrong read for some, it isn't a bad book because of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

Steven- I lost your email address so I'm putting this here. I very much enjoyed The Concrete Maze. I am especially in awe of how you kept the pace up without sacrificing good writing, ambience and great characterization. I read 40 pages without even realizing it. Thanks again for the ARC. I will recommend it to my friends that read crime and look for your other books. Patti

January 03, 2007 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home