Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Eisler, McBain, Aleas & Bruen/Starr

Dusty Rhoades got the first bunch of books. Here is a second bunch. Enjoyed them all in the past year or so. The titles, in an order that matches the author names above are as follows: Rain Fall, The Gutter and the Grave, Little Girl Lost, and Bust.

If you ask for my favorite of the group, I'd have to say McBain. Of course, if any of the living authors is reading this, then I really liked their book the most...

There is no question you have to answer, nor does being first help you. Just leave a comment if you'd like to be considered, and I'll pull names out of a hat...not random names, the names of people who leave comments.

Just for fun, I'll toss in a bonus question - first to answer correctly wins a book to be named later, probably The Concrete Maze.

What classic crime novel, mentions a "tarantula on a slice of angel food cake"? There. That shouldn't be too hard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manuel Ramos said...

Yo Steven:

Here's a comment so I can be considered for your books giveaway -- all on my list TBR, by the way. I know where the tarantula and cake quote comes from, but I won't answer because I don't want to deprive someone of getting Concrete Maze - I have it, as you know. Hope the holidays treat you right.

December 13, 2007 1:47 PM  
Blogger Con said...

Hi Steven,
It's from a Raymond Chandler book, right? I shouldn't guess, but I will: The Big Sleep? I already have The Concrete Maze, too. And you should stop giving away your books; you're making me nervous. All the best in the holiday season and the New Year beyond to you and Manuel and all of your loved ones.

Con Lehane

December 18, 2007 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home