Thursday, January 03, 2008

Another Review...

This time with imagery I hadn't really thought of before: "Enter THE CONCRETE MAZE. It’s absolute noir, with enough hardboiled mixed in to keep everything dissonant and honest. What’s more, Torres’s prose is tight as a gnat’s ass, quite frankly."


In any event, this is from "52 novels". Now, if I were keeping a blog about the reading of a year, it'd be called "Roughly two dozen novels and bits of dozen other novels..." Not as catchy.

The reviewer manages to find language that hasn't been applied to my novel before which is good, because just saying "heart-breaking" or "gut-wrenching" was getting a little tired, no? I had suggested to some that they might use "bone-breakingly good," but that didn't stick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob in Denver said...

To be fair, Steven, I called it "heartbreaking," too. Not once, but twice! Ha!

January 04, 2008 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home