Monday, September 19, 2005

Promo

For the past few days, I've been doing a bit a promotional work. First, I did a signing at my local Barnes and Noble. This was in conjunction with Jessica Speart and Lori Avocato and set up dy Donna Calvenese. I sold six copies and spoke to abou six others so I was quite pleased with myself and the way the whole thing went though attendance was light. Jessica thought she might be able to hook me up with a library show going on in Amherst MA, later this month, but there again maybe not. We'll see. The important thing is that if I hadn't donethe signing, there'd be no chance of Jessica thinking of me for this other event since we'd never met before. The snowball effect.

On Friday, I decided to drive to three local libraries, give them free copies of my latest book, and leave my business card. I told the people in charge at each library that I would be happy to participate in any events where they could use a local author, free if I can sell some books or give out promotional material. I'm going to try to get to another three libraries this coming Friday and so on.

I also sent word to the appropriate people at The Mystery Writers of America and The International Association of Crime Writers about my latest short story publications in Alfred Hitchcock and CrimeSpree. MWA will add a line to their next newsletter and IACW will send out a notice as part of their email weekly newsletter.

I'm planning to go to the NYC MWA dinner later this month. I'm also thinking about attending New England Crime Bake in November.


All of this is intended to increase awareness about me and my series within the mystery reading community and the general reading community. Will it work? I'll report back about any evidence that it does. I suppose a lack of such evidence might be construed as a sign of ineffectiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home