Friday, September 16, 2011

IJ Parker News...

If you've followed my rambles for any length of time, then you know I admire the writings of Ingrid Parker (IJ Parker if you're searching Amazon). She writes the Akitada mysteries (Shamus award winning if memory serves) and her sleuth is a brilliant character. "Alive" is a word that comes to mind - Akitada is alive as few characters ever get a chance to be. You feel for him, and the machinations of his mind are lifelike.

Anyway, the series has suffered from a variety of troubles at the hands of publishers - I'm thinking they simply don't have a good handle on what to do with a 10th century Japanese detective. Now, however, Parker has begun taking matters into her own hands. Kindle (and other ebook readers) allow this modicum of freedom. Here is news from Parker in her own words:

"Four of the Akitada novels (RASHOMON GATE, THE HELL SCREEN, THE MASUDA AFFAIR, and THE FIRES OF THE GODS) are now available for Kindle at a modest $ 4.99 each.

Two new Akitada stories (“Fox Magic” and “The Water Sprite”) are available for all applications at 99 cents each.

I have also released a historical trilogy, THE HOLLOW REED, on Kindle. It is set in the Japan of the Heike Wars of the late twelfth century and traces how the turbulent events of that time affected three young people. These books are available on Amazon at very modest prices.

Lastly, another new Akitada story has gone off to ALFRED HITCHCOCK MYSTERY MAGAZINE. I hope to hear something shortly.


I've read just about every short story. They are absolute gems. I'm looking forward to digging into the new material.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ingpark said...

I'm deeply grateful for your good opinion of me. As you know, I reciprocate this heartily.
And thank you also for putting this on your blog. I just noticed a big uptick on visits to my web site and on Amazon sales. You're the best. It means a great deal to know that I still have friends left.
May your sales blossom and many offers come your way. :)

September 17, 2011 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home